Rabbits Road Institute is available for regular and one-off activities. Use of the space is free for creative, voluntary and/or non-profit-making initiatives. We don’t support events financially, but if needed, we can support you to organise and market your activity.
83 sq meter room, largest area 7.6m by 12m
Wheelchair accessible from rear door
5 trestle tables
Wheelchair accessible toilet
Kitchen with 2 ring induction hob, oven, microwave, kettle, crockery/cutlery for 40 people on request
Tea trolley with kettle, mugs, tea and coffee
B&W photocopier (A4 copies 5p each)
How to Propose an Activity
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your idea, at least 1 week before the proposed day/time. Please provide as much of the following information as possible:
- Information about you or your group/organisation
- A short description of the activity.
- Whether it will be open to the public, or private.
- Whether it will be free, ticketed/charged, donation based etc
- Approximately how many people you expect to attend.
- The day, time and duration.
- Whether you require access to kitchen facilities and what for.
- Your ideas on how to market the event (if open to the public).
Rabbits Road Institute welcomes all kinds of activities. The following guidelines have been determined to by the founding artists and users. However, all of our guidelines are open to negotiation.
Priority will be given to groups, projects or events which meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Connection to the area.
- No access to other spaces and resources.
- Offering ideas, actions, practical and creative skills for social justice.
- Creating opportunities for self directed and collective learning.
- Voluntary, social enterprises, or creative practitioners, rather than for-profit organisations and businesses.
- Creating and sharing common resources.
- Creative opportunities for creative engagement and interaction, other than exhibitions.
- Public rather than private.
- Free or affordably-priced activities.
Groups using the space are requested to document their activity in some way – such as a small description of what happened or a photograph. This documentation will contribute to an archive of activity at Rabbits Road Institute.
Rabbits Road Institute may choose to not accept bookings for:
- Political parties
- Religious groups or activities promoting religion
- Private events such as parties (see Chargeable Bookings below)
Occasionally Rabbits Road Institute will accept chargeable bookings from institutions, organisations and businesses, and for private events such as parties. Profits from chargeable bookings will go back into the running of the space. Please get in touch to ask about rates.
All of these guidelines are open to negotiation. Please email email@example.com or come along to a community meeting.